June 9 – 11, 2023
Fashion designers are removing fur from their ready-to-wear collections in preparation for the summer sales. While fur may be a seasonal affair for fashionistas and corporate executives, it represents a year-round cycle of suffering for animals confined to fur farms.
In the months of April and May, minks on fur farms give birth. It takes a full month for the curious kits to open their eyes. What they find is a world of metal enclosures and a future filled with despair.
Join us on the streets from June 9th to 11th to demand that LVMH and Max Mara adopt fur-free policies. While fur may be seasonal for designers, the fight against fur is a year-round commitment for CAFT USA.
This June, we are launching an Endless Summer Against Fur.
TARGETS: MAX MARA AND LVMH
LVMH and Max Mara Fashion Group are two of the last high fashion companies propping up the fur industry. Fur’s status value in the capitals of fashion equates to economic value on the global luxury market.
LVMH: This is a difficult campaign, and we are in this one for the long haul regardless of how many summers we spend in the streets. As the largest luxury brand globally, helmed by Bernard Arnault, the wealthiest person in the world, LVMH owns iconic fur-selling labels such as Louis Vuitton, Dior, and Fendi. Given their industry influence, their commitment to a fur-free policy is crucial for achieving an end to fur. Failure is not an option.
Max Mara: Italy’s stronghold is not giving up without a fight. If you have a Max Mara in your city, participation is the difference between life and death for fur bearing animals.
Global Actions for Animal Liberation
We confront some of the most violent industries, driven solely by maximum profits. To stand a chance at defeating fur, unity and collaboration are essential.
If there is ever a time to get active for fur bearing animals – it is during coordinated actions.
No Action is Too Small
Regardless of the size, every action matters when we work together. Whether flooding the streets with protests or canvassing in front of your local Max Mara, each individual’s contribution is part of a collective effort. In a global campaign, one person can make a difference.
Tactics to Dismantle the Fur Industry
1. Demonstrations: Disruptive protests are the backbone of pressure campaigns. Every tactic in this list is beneficial, this one however is essential for success.
2. Leafleting: Distribute concise and informative materials. Reach out to the organizing team for literature.
3. Video Outreach: Utilize the power of videos to raise awareness. Download and play our provided video loop.
4. Propaganda: Wheat Pasting—Download posters for wheat pasting, an impactful method to shame fur-invested brands. Stickers—Spread awareness easily with stickers. Order stickers by messaging us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
5. Canvassing: While we may not change the brands’ minds, we can educate their customers and the public. Public opinion supports the anti-fur cause, making this a perfect opportunity to ask for support .
6. Innovate: If you have an idea beyond the listed tactics, go for it. We welcome diverse approaches that empower you and your community to act for animals.
Remember to document your actions with videos and pictures, and send them to email@example.com for inclusion in the action report.
Start planning an action in your city today.
CAFT Action Team